That is possibly the most encouraging and frightening place I have ever been and may be for quite some time. This time waiting, though it has only been for a few days, has given me time to think and realize that my life as I know it is hanging in the balance. My days as a student have been numbered for quite some time now, but it holds true now more than ever. Pending a passing grade, I will no longer be a student, no longer able to rely on others to help me out at every turn, no longer so carefree.
The time is upon me to go out into the world and stand on my own two feet. I feel just as apprehensive as my final days of high school, when a very wise teacher told me, "Life is not about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself." Ever since that day, I have been striving to make that a reality. I have tried to lead a life I can be proud of by making myself more independent and a stronger individual. I owe a debt of gratitude to her as well as the rest of the faculty in my school district for shaping me during my earlier years and setting me on the right path. I owe just as much gratitude to my college professors for giving me a great big shove along that path.
However, I owe the greatest thanks to my family and friends. They have cared about me unconditionally and stood behind me every step of the way. Some have come and gone, but they have all made an impression on my heart and my life.
Now, I hope I can make all those that helped me proud by going out on my own and living a great life. I could list many more quotes that mean so much to me and pertain to what I am feeling and saying, but I will avoid being cliché as you all know them already.
In the words of Edward R. Murrow, "Goodnight and good luck."
No comments:
Post a Comment